Sunday, June 04, 2006

Curiouser and curiouser


Exhibit 1: The above photo of the north bank of the Assiniboine River. Note painted mud -- new as of today.

Exhibit 2: While walking to Osbourne Village this morning I passed a woman jogging with a pet ferret. The ferret was on a leash, and they were both sticking to a good pace -- probably a six-minute K.

Exhibit 3: The Fabulous Kildonans apparently played not too long after we left Pyramid Cabaret Friday night. Arlea (AR-lee), the stupendous script coordinator of Falcon Beach, was there, though we didn't connect. She reports via e-mail: "They trashed their drumkit and all hell broke loose. I have no idea why they've never gone to those extremes. It was a mouth hanging open in awe moment."

Verdict: Patience pays off in this city. Stick around long enough and Winnipeg will smack you with some strange surprises.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Beautiful photo, Danger.

Your post has got me thinking. I could use some company while I run... do you mind if I set up a ferret habitat in your room? I'm sure the reports of their smelliness are greatly exaggerated...

4:54 PM, June 05, 2006  
Blogger Jeremy Boxen said...

Frankly, I'd prefer meerkats.

5:19 PM, June 05, 2006  
Blogger Sara said...

Who wouldn't?!

6:48 PM, June 05, 2006  
Blogger mei said...

You're almost making Winnipeg sound well, fascinating. Damn, you *are* a great writer!

5:32 PM, June 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home